Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Sound Project (Podcasting Lesson)

My sound was inspired by the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court case. In light of Sara Ragle Weddington
visiting UF (story here) to speak, I thought it was fitting to make a slight commentary on
the issue. I believe that choice is circumstantial when it comes to the abortion situations
but i feel like pro-choice and choice advocates get caught up in their view points and lose
sight of other factors in situations. With this sound project, I took actual audio from the
case that is available online here and layered the case name and number over the argument.
The argument is Weddington's conclusion first said coherently representing choice advocates
then incoherently to represent anti-choice. I think it makes an interesting composition
and interesting commentary.

Sounds in the advertising field can be a wonderful enhancer to presentations or even actual
ads. In most media other than print, there is an audio element that adds to composition
whether it be a voice over, someone speaking to the audience or simply just music. I think
so of the more memorable ads not only have interesting imagery but interesting audio.

Here is my project!

No comments:

Post a Comment